Nott studied music and Politics and Economics at Oxford University, before attending the British National Film and Television School. There, he met the creator of the Wallace and Gromit series, Nick Park. They both received recognition for the work they did there, including Park's student film A Grand Day Out.
Nott has also directed & written one film of his own, a 2001 comedy entitled Weak at Denise.
In 2006, he won an Annie Award for his work on The Curse of the Were-Rabbit.
He is the son of John Nott, the British Secretary of State for Defence during the Falklands War.
- A Matter of Loaf and Death (2008)
- Lark Rise to Candleford (TV series, 2008-present)
- The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2005)
- Peppa Pig (2004)
- Cracking Contraptions (2002)
- Weak at Denise (2001)
- Christmas Carol: The Movie (2001)
- Stage Fright (1997)
- Flat World (1997)
- Reef Encounter (1996)
- A Close Shave (1995)
- Mutters Courage (1995)
- A Man of No Importance (1994)
- Not without My Handbag (1993)
- The Wrong Trousers (1993)
- Swords at Teatime (1992)
- A Grand Day Out (1989)